The American Barista and Coffee School to Help Coffee Retailers Combat Current Financial Crisis
January 10-11 [Portland]
February 28-March 1 [Seattle]
March 28-29 [San Francisco]
How specialty coffee retailers can survive and thrive in today's ec
Read more…
Working in the industry for a few years now, if there is anything that comes second nature in espresso making it would be steaming milk.
BUT i find such variation in temperature of
a) the initial stretching phase, and
b) the finished product
from sh
BaristaExchange guru, Shawn Steiman will be giving me some guidance on this trip - looking for other B.E. members on any of the Hawaiian Islands - will be in Oahu for 5 days and Kona for 11 days - Hilo for 2.
Hey Coffeefest and Barista Exchange lovers,
House Blend Café in Orlando, FL, has a unique business model—sell great coffee, food and products and donate all profits to charity. The Bored Barista wants to help them help others. So, for every Bored Ba
I'm looking to hire two new baristas, I was wondering if anyone has a test I could use to see their knowledge, etc., without having to re-invent the wheel if you will!
Stop me if there's already a hidden thread on this topic . . .
We're getting ready to do some hiring at the espresso cart, what are some key interview questions you all have used? How about some other techniques to find that hidden coffee geek who's
Calling all baristas and coffee enthusiasts! Come join us in Thornton, Colorado for the Mountain Regional Barista Competition, taking place January 16-18, 2008. Registration forms are now available on-line at http://members.scaa.org/train/rbc/mountai
In writing a good thesis statement one should be extremely sure about what he/she is writing about and why. A thesis statement is an account that explicitly identifies the purpose of the research and previews the main ideas.
It’s a combination of a f
What an amazing weekend! I just got back last night from the Coffee Fest Seattle, where it was so great to meet up with friends and to meet so many of my "friends" here on bX in person. :)
I will be uploading more pictures in the next day or so but
Rockin' Indianapolis with great coffee! Traditional drinks and sweets, or straight up from espresso to drip to press!
We bake our own muffins, scones and other stuff.
Roasting our own coffee too.
We are closed on Sundays.
So over Shanksgiving I found myself in Seattle, frequenting a number of shops and having a generally splendid time geeking out.
However, while up there, some drinks were not so up to par. Really simple things, but things I felt like maybe I should p
We've had a few requests for rice milk in the shop, so we bought a carton and gave it a shot... my tastebuds slapped me silly... it was horrible. I do confess, I didn't really take the time to test at different temperatures.
Care to share what has wo
Ginger at Gourmet Source and Ghirardelli sent me a bunch of holiday recipes for everyone to check out. I am pasting them below. Thanks Ginger and Ghirardelli! Happy Holidays to everyone, I wish you all the best this season. - Matt
Take 5 is a cozy shop located within the Artisan's Courtyard in Fairbanks, Alaska. The Courtyard is filled with art in all areas: visual, theatrical, musical, dance, and of course, food and coffee! Our menu features many family recipes and everything
I am new to the industry and purchasing equipment. I purchased Fecto CBS-2031 and looking for a decent bulk grinder. Do I need a portion control grinder? I just want to be consistent but save some money. If I get a continuous grinder what is a good w
The American Barista and Coffee School to Help Coffee Retailers Combat Current Financial Crisis
January 10-11 [Portland]
February 28-March 1 [Seattle]
March 28-29 [San Francisco]
How specialty coffee retailers can survive and thrive in today's ec
Read more…
Hello (or rather, Hej)
I will be moving from America to Gothenburg, Sweden in a manner of weeks to join my girlfriend who returned home a week ago. Anyway, based on what she has told me and what I've seen by surfing the web it appears that I will be
Hey all,
My name is Jay and I am organizing the NWRBC this year. The event is coming together nicely and I'm getting pretty excited for it. We have been working on making sure that it gets plenty of T.V. and radio coverage with some success. But now