La Cimbali M39
Has anyone utilized this machine yet? I'm in the market for a new machine and was hoping for some positive feedback....
Read more…Has anyone utilized this machine yet? I'm in the market for a new machine and was hoping for some positive feedback....
Read more…Hey people! Alright...you are officially witnessing my first discussion, so here goes: Muddy pucks. I have a pretty good idea in general terms that a lot of times, a puck will be muddy as you knock it out right after pulling a shot generally if the
Read more…We are getting ready to open in a few weeks and I'm starting to panic - how and where do I find great employees? Most businesses in my area use the local high schools as their hiring pool, but I'm looking for people who are a bit more mature and who
Read more…I have two employees that are leaving me to go to school in a month. I'd like to find coffee jobs for them to keep them sharp in case I need them when they get home. Do any of you own coffee shops near San Francisco State or UC Santa Cruz that are lo
Read more…I could use a couple extra thousand dollars right now. I have been tempted to borrow against my card transaction revenue as collateral so to speak. I receive solicitation calls from companies that will loan me up to a % of what my credit card transac
Read more…Hi all I am just sharing it for all of you specially for whom they don't know about it . http://www.swisswater.com/resources/SWDecafDiagram07.pdf i hope its useful :)
Read more…Any ideas on a blend that would deliver a decent cup of coffee after being cut by hot water? Folks around here are used to nearly transparent coffee so I have been kicking around the idea of having a kind of starter coffee for the old-folks set in th
Read more…Besides ruining a perfectly good espresso shot, is there any reason not to pour a raw sugar in with the grinds? Some coffee shops do it and some won't. My thinking is that as long as the sugar is sandwiched in between the grinds and not actually touc
Read more…What % of sales be "payroll"? What should "cost of goods sold" be as a percent to sales? What do you charge for a dbl 12oz latte'? What % do you markup your pastry items?
Read more…What are your thoughts on offering a cheaply priced iced coffee ($1/12oz-$1.5/20oz)? Do you think this will cheapen the specialty coffee product you are selling? Do you think it will lower the ticket price of your current customers? Or do you think b
Read more…Not quite sure how to charge for this order, but I get it all the time in the summer. The customer then walks over to the fixins bar and adds cream to the cup, or worse, fills the whole thing up with milk from the pitchers...tadahhh!...one iced latte
Read more…Just what is a fair price for coffee and who is not paying it? I recently read the book "Starbucked" by Taylor Clark. He has some great insights on coffee producing countries and their struggles and just who is responsible for much of it. It would s
Read more…Does anyone have any ideas on what the impact of Starbucks purchase of Coffee Equipment Co. will have on current and future Clover owners? Not sure if this has already been discussed, but I just happened to see the article about it today.
Read more…good morning, please give me your experiences with diedrich roasters. i intend to buy an IR-7 or IR-12 for a new shop in hamburg/germany. greeting from europe sven jacobsen
Read more…Last year we genrated $204K. About the same this year so far. Our lease is 7years more (we have been in biz 10) and is currently $705. My net was $15K. I also expense out personal items that is discretionary. My payroll is high as I spend too much in
Read more…We are looking to develop a processing of coffee map inside our store. Beginning from plants, grown from seedlings 6 years ago, to ground coffee. We need about 5 pounds of coffee in parchment and a recommendation on how to best represent cherries. An
Read more…I would like to hear of the results people get from their questions. Did the input make a difference? I am not talking about should I buy one kind of espresso machine to another. For instance, did Diversity Coffee benefit from the input and how? And
Read more…By now I am sure you have heard about or read about Starbucks new promotion to offer an 8-ounce cup of brewed coffee for $1, with free refills. The idea is to capture more drip brew customers from their rivals. Currently this promotion is running in
Read more…I am looking to buy a used bulk bean grinder for my small coffee roasting company. We have been using an older bunn G1....I think. I have not been happy with how hot the grinder gets while grinding coffee, sometimes so hot that it will shut itself of
Read more…