Hi! I'm a barista in Chicago (Italian Coffee Bar- Lakshore Location) and I'm going home for 2-3 weeks from June 17 to July 10. Home for me is outside Portland, Oregon, I was hoping to pick up a few shifts at a coffee place around there. If anyone is
Hello all,
Personally and professionally, I need to spend some time in Seattle in the near future. I am interested in a short term exchange, i.e. 1-2 weeks, as soon as possible and also a more long term exchange, 1-2 months, sometime in the next 12-1
I am looking at perhaps getting toddy coffee for our iced coffees this summer.
Does anyone have experience/opinions on toddy coffee and the whole cold brew thing?
I have some questions about grinders. If you guys could pick any espresso grinder you wanted, what would you pick? Would it be a Mazzer? Any specific model? Why? Should I get flat burr or conical burr? I need to get one for a store that will be very
I am heading over to the coast this weekend, and I can't wait to dive into the local coffeehouse scene - but I don't want to be overwhelmed. I know there are many shops, and several of top quality, but I have limited time, and want to visit the very
Hey all! The GreenBean is in the process of getting things going online. Anyone out there who might be willing to drop ship to our customers? Contact us at greenbeancet@greenbeancet.com. Also any advice on advertising, SSL certificates, or anything e
I've 2 customers tell me that the shots are only good for the first 10 seconds after they are pulled. But I was told by our consultant that that was a myth. Anyone know the answer?
Does anyone know where I can get a bag of Green Yauco Selecto? The two importers that I'm working with cannot get it right now and I have two customers who are interested in it. Let me know. Thanks from Dallas
I am opening a coffeehouse in a small town in rural IA and could use some advice. First of all, what would be a good, inexpensive espresso machine for me to start with. Would a small shop need a 1 pod or 2 pod machine? Do most shops filter their wate
Anyone out there have a line on the iconic "We Are Happy To Serve You" nyc-style/Anthora paper cups? I'm finding online articles that show the original company (Sherri) sold the design to Solo, but (at least in the south) I can't find any Solo vendor
So, I've been thinking about a way to share cafe management tips and tricks, documents. etc. Wouldn't it be nice if we all had access to inventory documents, ordering sheets, scheduling spreadsheets, great ways to save money, training tests, checklis
Thousands of people search Google Maps each day. Is your coffee shop on the map? If not, did you know you can list it for free? You can even add photos, customer reviews, coupons, and a link to your website!
In the past month or so we have had two mazzer SJ dosers go to crap. the first one is on a grinder we have been using for about the past 5 years, it was bought used with an unknown history before. the doser simply stopped working, pulling the handle
Just wondering. If I were a business that was not a fair trade member or whatever, but had say some tea that had a fair trade label already on it, could I put that box in view of customers even if I wasn't certified? I mean, I don't have the little s
Lite Roast or Medium? I like Lite roasted and Medium the best so far. Dark or "Espresso" seem to be too bitter and don't express the true flavor and body of the bean. I also think "over roasting" could possibly cook away the volatile oils. What do yo
Hey all, I'm in the market for new bean bins I've tried a couple of kinds but they just don't last. We started with the old stand by rectangular clear with a vertical dam, these fell apart at the seems then I bought all new "new leaf" bins about 6 ye
Let's talk about microfoam. What do I want to know specifically?
Everything and anything. Just something. Pictures, videos, tips on how to make it, why it makes a good drink, can you make enough to make a cappuccino? (I have a hard time with that)..
I just finished reading an article in COFFEETALK's May issue about 'Fuel or Food... the global hunger crisis'. It was quite depressing! My husband and I have been chasing this dream for nearly 5 years now. We are getting closer to seeing it become a
Hi guys!
We wanted to check to see if any of you might know someone who is wanting to open a coffee shop in the TN area. A great customer of ours has to close his doors after only 5 weeks of business...his job has been re-located and there just wasn