Mike Thelin writes for Portland Monthly: Portland Plated....his latest article started a fierce little blog fest which could reflect how things are heating up in heavy coffee culture cities.
Portland Coffee Wars....I echo Thelin's sentiments in the
Yesterday (June 2, 2009), California's 4th District Court of Appeals reversed the much-publicized trial decision that barred shift supervisors from sharing in tip jars. They also set aside the $86,000,000 in damages awarded to Starbucks baristas.
Ig
Hi! I'm looking to sell my Rancilio Epoca DE 2 group semi automatic machine and get a super fully automatic.
Any leads on either would be appreciated!
My machine is not even a year old, purchased brand new in July 2007 and in excellent condition.
As of June 3rd Craig is no longer working at Zoka. Craig Had worked at Zoka for over eleven years most if it as the manager of the Greenlake Zoka. He hired and influenced many barista while there. I look forward to seeing what he does next.
The newest coffee shop in Tahlequah, OK. We serve light roast coffees from DoubleShot Coffee House. We want to get people to turn away from the dark side (Dark Roast) to the light side (light roasting). We also serve 100% real fruit smoothies from Dr
Hey everybody, we have the dial on a customers Swift adjusted all the way fine and the burrs are new. In the past I remember there being an option to change the dosage timer inside. Anybody have detailed instructions on that?
Hickory's oldest and best coffee shop in town!! Fresh. Smooth. Rich. More variety than you can shake a stirrer at.
Drop in. Open 7 days. Valley Hills Mall, lower level center court.
I'm going to be buying a scale for weighing out espresso to regulate dosing at our shop. Any preferred scales? What amounts are you using? Thanks in advance.
Article from the Seattle Times over the weekend. Starbucks is asking for some rent reductions in some areas. I'm curious - how many people here have thought to ask to re-negotiate rents in this economy. At the world tea expo this year one of the reta
If you have ever been a BGA member, or are one now, we are offering you the incredible opportunity to renew your BGA membership for FREE. That's right. We want you to be a part of the revolution that is the Barista Guild.
In the past year we have imp
....Located across from a new McDonald's coffee bar. ...still assessing affect. The economy contraction adds a variable to the picture. Anybody located near a McDonalds with the coffee bar?
So a woman came into the shop that I manage today to drop off her resume, and to get some face time with me. And while we were talking she made it a point to let me know that she had 13 years of experience in the "coffee biz", and that she was a form
Hey all, I was just going over the numbers for the year with the Owner of the shop that I manage, and we were discussing ways to increase profitability while keeping our overhead & prices generally the same as they have been. It seems that on average
Our president has a nice set of rare Versace espresso cups he'd like to sell. He wants $125 a pair, or $200 for the whole set of four. These babies are sweet. Contact sandymay@dilworthcoffee.com.
Hi everyone.
I am looking for a quality home espresso machine. I have a price range up to about $300. What have you had good or bad experiences with?
Are the machines that SBux carries good? (I can get them discounted from a friend)
Thanks.
Micha
Hey,
My name is Oliver and I am in the process of writing a book about baristas and their tales. If you would like your stories to be published in my book please send me an email with your story(s). (.5 page minimum and 2 page max per story.)
My emai
Hi all
I posted last week about half caff - now looking into finding some beans that are naturally a bit lower in caffeine than regular beans - does anyone know any varieties or roasts that are? Thanks y'all...
Hey all,
I work in a coffee shop that is really hurting in the economy, and we are looking at ways to be more efficient with less waste. We only sell about 2 to 3 cups of decaf coffee all day-- but it always comes at different times of the day. I wa